The Congress is expected to draw around 250-300 delegates. Hopefully we will welcome you in Denmark.
The scientific programme will be very broad and didactic and will among other topics include updates on pre-hospital management, neuroprotection, stroke imaging, acute ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, rehabilitation, organization of stroke service and life after stroke.
Download the full programme here
Please note that the final programme may be subject to changes.
How do we increase efficiency of acute treatment and avoid disability or death after stroke?
Attend the workshop and join in the discussion as to how we can increase rates of acute treatments and post-stroke function and survival rate. The purpose is to collect ideas for new initiatives, and the questions up for discussion will be:
• How do we engage the population to familiarize themselves with the early symptoms and call 1-1-2?
• How can the prehospital system be used and improved for even more effective treatment of stroke patients?
• How do we create increased focus on stroke research to generate new methods and initiatives that can protect the brain and improve post-stroke function and survival?
Prior to the discussion there will be brief presentations:
• Experiences of engaging with the Swedish population
by Professor Bo Norrving, MD, Neurologist, University of Lund, Sweden
• Status in the field of stroke in Denmark
by Professor Grethe Andersen, MD, Neurologist, Danish Stroke Centre, Aarhus University Hospital
• What can we learn from developments in resuscitation in Denmark?
by Anders Hede, Head of Research, The Danish Foundation Trygfonden